Duofold Site - Available Brownfield Site in Herkimer County
Wednesday, June 12th, 2019
The Duofold Site is a 10.7 acre brownfield site located in Ilion, NY.
Current Zoning, Utilities and Buildings:
- The site is currently inactive and is zoned for industrial use.
- The surrounding parcels are currently zoned for commercial use, residential use, and utility/road right-of-ways.
- The Mohawk River/Erie Canal is located approximately 500 feet north of the site.
- The site is surrounded by residential areas.
- Water/Sewer- Public
- Electricity- municipal power as low as .033KWH
- National Grid Gas
- High Speed Fiber
The site contains:
- Four abandoned buildings surrounded by parking areas including 1- 4 story 84,000 ft2 building, 1-4 story 34,000ft2, 2- 1 story 8,200ft2, each constructed in 1940's condition of buildings need to be evaluated
- A maintenance garage and a former coal/oil powerhouse
- A 1,000,000 gallon water reservoir, which was used for fire suppression, located beneath the main plant building
- Roadways and foundations of former structures
- The western half of the site is predominantly open space
For more information on this site please contact the Herkimer County IDA Executive Director, John Piseck, at 315-866-3000